AudioTheory Piano Keys
Arriving 24th September 2021
I'm very excited to announce that AudioTheory Piano Keys will be arriving on the September 24th 2021. It will be available to purchase directly (via Gumroad) on Steam
and the Mac OS AppStore, and as with the other pieces of AudioTheory software it will be priced at $6.99.
It's available for preorder
on Gumroad, or if you'd prefer the Steam version then now's the perfect time to add it to your wishlist
, this way Steam will send you an email reminder when it's available.
Following on from AudioTheory Guitars, this new piece of software is designed to help you learn or improve at the piano with a set of interactive tools. These make it easy and intuitive to understand chords, scales, and how the music you're playing works.
AudioTheory Piano Keys features:
- Real-time note highlighting. Connect any MIDI device (such as an electric keyboard or synth) and see the notes you're playing highlighted across a set of customisable diagrams.
- Built in sound effects mean you will also receive audio feedback if using a MIDI device that doesn't have a speaker (or using your computer's keyboard and mouse for input).
- Scale presets. Choose from an extensive library of scale presets and load this selection of notes onto the main piano view. Note highlighting is relative to the loaded scale, which makes it easy to see how sharps and flats work in their current context.
- An extensive library of chords. Load these into the main view to keep track of different chord positions and reference against your current input.
- The scale wheel. This is a circular diagram that visually shows how notes fit into scales. The root note is locked to the 12 o'clock position, allowing the focus to be on the relationship between the notes.
- Real-time scale highlighting. This is the second row of notes above the main piano. This lets you see how a note that's being played fits into two scales at the same time (e.g. both the main scale preset as well as its own major scale).